Revised April 3, 2019
Qualifications to Join:
- Must have a local business license
- Must have their own category not currently occupied by another Member
- There is no category for network marketing groups
Requirements to Join:
- Must attend 2 meetings
- Application: Fill out application and give to the Club Mentor. Voting: Done by show of hands at the meeting after the check has been received, business inspected & application completed. The guest will be asked to skip this meeting. A unanimous vote of those present and voting at the weekly meeting at which a vote on membership is taken is required.
- Fees: $150.00 Application fee, ($100 annual dues portion is prorated based on date a Member joins), plus pro-rated quarterly dues of $65 for the current quarter made payable to Spokane Referral Network
Membership, Dues and Renewals
- Initial Membership Application fee is $150.00 (Unless Membership Special offered) – $100 of this fee is prorated either in the initial year of membership or the following year by the treasurer in the manner he/she applies from time to time
- Annual renewal fee is $100.00 to be paid in January of each year.
- Quarterly Dues are $65 per quarter - Paid quarterly. Dues to be paid within thirty days of the start of each quarter (i.e. by January 30, April 30, July 30 and October 30 respectively), without further notice. If dues are not paid by then, membership will lapse. Membership can be reinstated if dues are brought current within fifteen (15) days thereafter. Otherwise, membership is cancelled.
- Exceptions: We want members to succeed and stay in the group. If you have an individual problem paying in a timely manner in any instance and need an extension of time, please talk with the President or a Board member.
The Goal is for all members to attend at least half of the meetings per quarter. Membership will be cancelled when member fails to attend 50% of available meetings in any quarter.
Leave Of Absence
Members can request up to a 90-day leave of absence for work volume, health or similar reasons upon submitting written notice to the Board. The Board must approve the amount of time requested. Dues for any Member on an approved Leave of Absence must still be paid while on leave, but no fines will be assessed for matters such as no visitation, no guest during membership drive month, etc. The Member’s position is guaranteed for a maximum of 60 days. Thereafter, if another individual in the category wants to join the group then the individual on the leave of absence needs to make the decision to return to the group as an active participant or forfeit his/her seat.
The goal is for everyone to bring referrals weekly
- A minimum of two referrals per month (inside or outside) is required. If not, your membership will be up for review
- The definition of an inside referral is: Business between 2 members that has already been conducted and paid for in the category they represent. (It should be past tense i.e. already purchased a pair of skates, not I need a pair of skates.)
- The definition of an outside referral is: Someone who is not a member is expecting a call from another member in the group.
Each member is required to visit one other member (as assigned) per month
- Visitation schedule will be made by the Vice President & will be given out monthly. Visitations are required and should be completed by the last meeting of each month.
- Failure to complete your monthly visitation will require a $20 donation to the group treasury and will be billed by the Treasurer if not paid during the meeting that visitation reports are due
The definition of a visitation is: Going to visit another member at his/her place of business or other agreed location to familiarize yourself with the other member’s work and business and to explore ways to more effectively refer business to the member visited
Definition of a qualified guest is an individual with a business who is eligible for membership. Thus, the category that the guest is interested in must be vacant. Other people are welcome to visit the group, but the member will still be responsible for donating $1.00 if they do not have another qualified guest at the meeting.
Below is a list of infractions that will require you to donate to the group treasury
- Forget to wear group name tag to weekly meeting - $1.00
- Not bringing a guest to each weekly meeting - $1.00
- Not bringing a referral to each weekly meeting - $1.00
Goal for each week is to be 3 out of 3 for the foregoing.
- Cell phone or pager going off in a meeting - $10.00
- Not completing visitation on time for monthly reporting - $20.00
If any member does not bring a qualified guest during a Board designated Membership Drive, the Member donates $20.00 to the group treasury.
- Supervise the entire group & Board Members
- Preside over weekly meetings, begin at 7am and ending promptly at 8:00am
- Handle ethics issues
- Preside over monthly Board meetings
- Provide leadership, motivation and encouragement to the group
- Call for committee reports in the meetings
- Send out termination letters
- Distribute awards each month
- Review the checking account statements and other financial information provided by the treasurer
- Sign checks issued by the Club on its checking account
- Supervise each committee
- Monitor referrals given and received – review referrals for duplicates/validity
- Order or purchase all supplies for the group
- Produce next month visitation schedule the last meeting of each month
- Take minutes of each board meeting and report to group at the following meeting
- Track attendance and visitations for promotions
- Send any correspondence necessary
- Maintain a copy of each new member application
- Track who the encore is for each week and remind President
- Keep records of all group dues
- Maintain, review and balance group checking account
- Notify group members with invoice, 2 weeks before quarterly dues are due
- Send renewal invoices out to members in January
- Consult with Social Chairperson regarding budget for each social
- Plans and organizes socials, must consult board to approve idea – location, theme, food, prizes
- Consult with Treasurer regarding the operating budget for each social
- To consist of 2 people (1 Chairperson & 1Mentor)
- Remain after meetings to meet with guests to answer any questions and make sure they understand the membership process
- Help new member fill out application & complete the membership checklist
- Schedule mentor lunch once new person has joined the group
- Award business card caddy at new member’s 1stmeeting
- Order name tags for new members
- Update membership roster
- Provide roster to new members
Ethics Team: Composed of the Board of Directors (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer)
- Team Chairperson is the President
- Maintain confidentiality
- Goal is to diffuse any issues before a written complaint is made
- Types of conduct which is of concern and may be addressed:
Conflicts of interest, failing to follow up on referrals, poor performance of work on referrals, being unprofessional
- Organizes speakers for each week
- Give board report each week to announce speakers for the next week
- Call or e-mail next speaker to confirm speaker for upcoming week
Board of Directors:
- Composed of President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary
- Support Teams may be called in for support if necessary
- Board meetings are to be held monthly, date, time and location are to be determined by the President
- Any member of the group is welcome to attend the Board Meeting; you do need to let the Secretary know for seating and reservation purposes. See payment rules below.
Summary of Agenda for Each Meeting:
- Pledge of allegiance
- Introduction of guests
- Group mission statement
- Definition of a referral
- Introduction of Board members and presentation of board reports
- Mystery greeter
- Passing of business cards & referrals
- 10-minute speaker
- Encore for last week’s speaker
- 30-second commercials by each member and the 3 for 3 donations
- visitation reports or fines (once a month)
Ongoing Promotions/ Incentives
Most Referrals Award: $25: Given Monthly: The member who has given the most qualified referrals each month receives a $25.00 reward. In the case of a tie, each member will receive a $25 award. At least three referrals given during the month are required for a member to be eligible for this Award.
Two or More Referrals: Drawing: $20 – Given Monthly: All Members having two or more referrals in the preceding month are automatically entered into a random drawing for a $20 award. The President will decide each month how many $20 awards will be randomly drawn from the “pool”, based on the number of entrees. The person(s) receiving the Most Referral Award for the month is not included in this drawing.
Perfect Attendance Award: $10 – Given Monthly: All members who have had perfect attendance at all meetings in the preceding month and who have further completed their assigned visitation.
New Member Promotion Award: $50 – To Sponsoring Member for each New Member Joining SRN: This award is given to the sponsoring member when a new member joins, is approved and has paid his/her application fee.
Guest Promotion Award: $10 – Per Qualified Visitor - Given Monthly: Awarded to each Member for each visit by a qualified guest. If a qualified guest from a business visits twice, both visits of the same person will count. If more than one person from the same prospective business visits, only one will be counted as a guest.
Membership Drives: Membership drives are designed to put an emphasis on expanding the group and encouraging the members to bring guests. At least one Membership drive shall occur each year. During a Membership Drive, the Board may announce promotions for prospective members. During the Membership Drive period, to be determined by the Board, each Member will be required to bring at least one qualified guest. If any member of the group does not bring a qualified guest, the member donates $20.00 to the group treasury.
If circumstances exist that prevent the member from participating and bringing a guest during the promotion period, the member can request an extension in writing. The request for extension must be made in writing to the Board of Directors no later than the board meeting during the promotion month. No extensions will be given beyond 30 days from the end of the promotion period.
Guests: Definition of a qualified guest is an individual with a business license who is eligible for membership, i.e. in a then open category, meaning there must be no conflict (or no substantial conflict) with the business of any current member of the group, and no multi-level style business is eligible. Other people are welcome to visit the group, but the member will still be responsible for donating $1.00 if they do not have another qualified guest at the meeting, and a non-qualified guest will not entitle a Member to the $10 Guest Promotion Award.
Termination of Membership: Determined by the Board of Directors following an additional Board meeting, attended by the entire board when there are violations of these By laws, pending ethics or unacceptable conduct violations or continued probation violations.
…THE END …
ADOPTED April 3, 2019